Fermynwoods Contemporary Art’s Associate Artists programme, funded by Arts Council England, provides an annual programme of support to a selected group of artists, to enable them to continue to develop their practice within a critically supportive environment. This programme also enables Fermynwoods to continue its ongoing work with artists we have previously commissioned and to test out new ideas and ways of working.
The Associate Artists programme provides the following support and opportunities:
1. Mentoring sessions with senior members of Fermynwoodsâ€™ staff
2. Advice and support by phone and email to discuss projects the Associate Artists are involved with, and promotion of these projects
3. A residency at Sudborough Green Lodge, for Associate Artists to use the unique spaces in and around the Lodge as an Artistic Laboratory; for research, experimentation, developing and testing new ideas and producing new work
4. Participation in The Remote Lab, an exhibition and associated activity at Sudborough Green Lodge, taking place alongside Northamptonshire Open Studios and the Nene Valley Festival.
5. Participation in ArtWork Placement, an Art Library for businesses, bringing artists and businesses together and addressing the lack of opportunities for audiences to engage with contemporary visual art and artists in Northamptonshire. Fermynwoods will co-curate exhibitions of work by the Associate Artists for the premises of local businesses, for a 6 month exhibition, after which the work will be returned to the artist or exhibited in a new business premises. (Subject to funding).